Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why Scrum
- Scrum follows Agile Principles and is one of the most popular Agile methodologies.
- Scrum teams must deliver working, integrated, tested, business-valuable features each and every sprint, which means results are delivered quickly.
- Scrum assures increase ROI for projects because the team delivers smaller pieces of functionality more frequently.
- Scrum’s fast pace also exposes organizational dysfunction and waste and it helps to reduce costs.
- Teams must adapt quickly based on the interconnected actions of competitors, customers, users, regulatory bodies, and other stakeholders. Therefore Scrum is well-suited to succeed in a complex environment.
- We delight our customers when our products and services not only fulfill their needs and expectations but surpass them. Scrum teams delight customers by giving them what they really want, not just the features they might have specified back when they knew very little about their true needs.
2. Is it worth to become Scrum Certified?
There is an exponential growth in agile certified resources and this is the requirement of future IT projects. If you are certified definitely that will be value addition on your profile. Also having 2 days learning in the company of a very good Agile Coach / Trainer will increase your hands-on knowledge of Scrum. But what is most valuable is your real experience with applying Scrum/Agile methods, not certifications.
3. What kind of Scrum training does Ekipa provide?
Ekipa offers Scrum training around the world, in both public and private settings, to advance participants’ understanding and practice of Scrum. They include:
- Private Courses and Coaching Services – Ekipa trainers are available for on-site courses and mentoring that can be tailored to an organization’s unique needs in their agile transformation.
- Scrum Crash Course(Public and Private) – This is a two-day course on the principles and practices of Scrum. This course is a requirement for Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification.
- Web Based Training – This is a series of interactive self-paced training modules which covers the basics of Scrum and clarifies the purpose of Scrum’s different meetings.
4. What makes Ekipa’s training unique?
Ekipa’s Trainers are well known thought leaders in the Scrum community who speak regularly at industry conferences and contribute content to leading agile journals and publications. For more information on Ekipa Trainers, visit their blogs to read more about their thoughts on Scrum: http://ekipa.co.id/blog/ or read their profiles at http://ekipa.sg.id/coaching.
5.Do I need to be practicing Scrum already to take the public courses?
No. Course attendees come from a variety of experience levels with Scrum. We find that people take the course for a variety of reasons, for example:
- Their organization is moving to Scrum / Agile
- They want to kickstart success in their Scrum projects.
- They want to learn advanced agile/scrum strategies so that they can change roles or advance in their careers.
- They want to refresh their skills.
- They want to work with experts to help move through impediments they are facing in their Scrum transformations.
6. Who is the Agile & Scrum Fundamentals Training designed for?
This is a two-day course intended for anyone involved in the Scrum development process: i.e. developers, project managers, architects, technology consultants, business analysts, ScrumMasters, and Product Owners. Other functional stakeholders that work with Scrum technical teams also find the course valuable (executives, sales/marketing, finance, HR).